Skip to main content
Free Legal Counsel for Graduate Students

Are you having problems with your landlord, or a roommate hasn’t paid their rent? Did you get arrested by the police for drunken disturbance after the last grad student party? Or maybe you want to contest a speeding ticket and aren’t sure what to say in court?

Then you’re going to need some legal advice!

The GSA pays a professional to provide free legal advice by appointment to all currently enrolled graduate students.

To set up an appointment please email us at from a Rutgers email account, and provide your full name and the program you’re enrolled in.


Please find below a list of additional helpful websites for your references:

Contact Form