The Office of Student Affairs Compliance & Title IX oversees and facilitates equitable response and resolution to all reported incidents of sexual harassment, sexual violence, relationship violence, stalking, and related misconduct. Through research and education, the office commits to providing leadership, awareness, and support to the Rutgers community and the State of New Jersey.
The Office of Student Affairs Compliance & Title IX has an opening for one paid Graduate Intern. This position is flexible; specific responsibilities can be tailored to meet the skills and interests of the student selected.
Potential job responsibilities include:
- assisting with the intake of reports of alleged Title IX violations (sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, relationship violence, stalking)
- co-investigating cases alongside a lead investigator
- utilizing our case management systems to keep all records up-to-date
- offering revisions to the new Title IX Policy & Grievance Procedures
- benchmarking other institutions’ Title IX structures, policies, and procedures
- creating and presenting Title IX training to students, staff, and faculty
- assisting with other areas of Title IX that are of interest to the student
The internship will begin on or around January 25, 2021, and will finish on or around August 20, 2021 (dates negotiable). This is a grant-funded position offering $15/hr for approximately 15 hours per week (hours negotiable).
- Completed at least one semester of graduate work
- Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to maintain the privacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including proven ability to listen well and demonstrate sensitivity to and respect for individual needs
- Ability to remain unbiased and neutral
- Demonstrated knowledge of Title IX & VAWA
- Experience working on a college campus that includes a diverse student population
Interested candidates should e-mail a resume and cover letter to:
Bill Spear Training Coordinator and Investigator
Office of Student Affairs Compliance & Title IX Rutgers University